Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Patience is a virtue

Hey everyone! Not much has gone on since last time... EXCEPT Caleb & I put an offer on a house :) Exciting, I know!

I can't wait to buy things for our home. Live together in our home. Grow as one in our home. I get butterflies when I think that in a matter of nine months and eleven days we will be under the same roof where we plan to grow closer, love more, and create memories. It no longer is your room or your bathroom. It's our and I'm perfectly okay with that. The best part is starting from scratch as a God centered engaged couple to developing into a God centered married couple. 

The only downside is that now it's a waiting process. We wait to see if they accept our offer and then if not we have to worry about if we get the house at all or not with retaliation of another offer; that's the great thing about our God though. He teaches us patience.

"My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,"-James 1:19 (NIV)

Although it's a waiting process I love knowing I have God standing beside me and reassuring me be calm before you become upset.














In other news: I had the privilege of celebrating two very special women in my life birthdays over the weekend.
My memas ^^--th birthday. *She reads this so I can't put her age ;) This is from our mani/pedi date I treated her to. Then my great grandma had her 87th birthday. They always say like mother like daughter & man am I lucky to have these two wonderful influences in my life who have helped mold me into the woman I am today. 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I'm now a certified nurses assistant I'm job hunting for a temporary CNA job until I'm done with school to be a Physicians Assistant. It's quite the amount of schooling but I have a lot an immense amount of support from my family and friends (especially my soon-to-be hubs). It's all in God's hands and timing.

~~ Thoughts for the week~~
"Don't act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do."-Ephesians 5:17

Often we only seek God when we are in trouble, are want an answer immediately, or simply because we want clarity over something. How about seeking Him just because you want to get to know Him more? I mean, He is our permanent care giver. The thing is... God doesn't just love us on certain days when He feels we haven't been loved lately, He doesn't just help us when we are down, and He doesn't just comfort us when we need it. He always is and will be our Rock and salvation trying to give us what's best. So before you act thoughtlessly, put your thoughts into God's promises & wait for His answer.

This is where patience comes in again. Maybe this week think about when you call on God; and how that can change into leaning on Him when in need for everything not just certain requests. "We all need somebody to leeeeeeean on" That's God. Lean on Him for your pick-me-up before you make a decisions without thinking. 

& Here's a picture to help you, 


Remember: He never gave up us as sinners, so don't give up on Him to rescue you from your triumphs.



Talk to you soon, <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!